Once upon a time in Fawcett City…

Home Forums The Players Story Updates Once upon a time in Fawcett City…

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Doug
    Keymaster

On the front page of the Fawcett City Tribune, is an article detailing the first bank robbery in the city since the Prohibition Era! According to the report the Fawcett City PD was called to the scene of a bank heist gone wrong, at roughly 8pm on a Friday. Once on the scene, the Police Chief (Miles Callaghan) was able to open negotiations with the robbers. Those negotiations broke down sometime later when the Robbers apparently bungled their own explosive device, leading to the death of several of their own and a handful of hostages. Not long after this explosion, the FCPD sent in the State Police’s tactical team (on loan from Raleigh). They were able to secure the building with minimal casualties.

OOC Information: This is what the news is reporting both in and out of Fawcett City. However this is obviously not what happened. Following the events of the “Scenario,” N.O.W.H.E.R.E. was alerted to the presence of Dinosaur Men. They were quick on to the scene, where their pscionic team quickly scrubbed the crime scene both of physical evidence and also memories of the witnesses of the presence of any ‘Gods’ or ‘Magic.’ The Crocodile Men were not erased from people’s memories, but were instead suggested to be nothing more than crazy men in Halloween costumes.

– If anyone has any follow up questions, post them here and I’ll get you answered ASAP!

Michele
    Keymaster

No real questions on my end currently, just notes for information for everyone involved!

Cassie called in Conner, and subsequently N.O.W.H.E.R.E. to deal with the Crocodile Men, after extending the offer to the Sheriff to find a suitable place for them. She’s not really pursuing the matter further currently, because with what little she knows of the Trials she doesn’t want to accidentally interfere in Freddy’s progress.

Marc
    Participant

Freddy would have had questions. He would have attempted to speak with a few of the people that he rescued or some that were in the area to get their recollection of what happened. Done more as a curious bystander trying to find out what the hub bub was about. He would have tried to do that shortly after. He’s trying to determine if anyone would have noticed anything peculiar about the gathering storm if was still outside of the area before things went wrong at the bank or after.

In the event that people have already been mentally scrubbed he would check to see what he could learn from Chief Callaghan as a concerned citizen, albeit discretely as people may have started repeating the story that has been planted.

Given that any video evidence has been scrubbed that would leave him with only one other recourse attempting to find the fleeing crocodile man or if he’s set Freddy on the trials the Wizard in attempt to get a read on what happened.

Doug
    Keymaster

@Michele; Just for your N.O.W.H.E.R.E. would actively question Cassie about the incident. She’s met Raven before, so she knows how the woman operates. Raven won’t press Cassie too much due to the arrangement Conner made. In fact her calling them in serves to strengthen the fact that Cassie is being “brought on board.” So long as Raven doesn’t think Cassie is clearly hiding something, as opposed to not understanding something this won’t be an issue.

@Marc
    ; If Freddy is attempting to preserve his secret I.D. then he won’t get much of an opportunity to speak with the rescued people. Since they’re witnesses, the Cops would see to their treatment but also detain them in protective custody. Cassie’s call to NOWHERE would then get them wiped in pretty short order of the truth. Given his speed, he might get some passing conversations with them between medical treatment and police interviews. The people outside, who wouldn’t be detained, noticed a lot of peculiarity about the storm. It rolled in our of nowhere. The local forecasts didn’t have even a chance of rain in them. Farmers would note that it seemed to come together in spite of a total lack of cloud coverage. The timeline of the storm’s arrival seems to coincide with the timeline of the bank’s initial explosion.

Chief Callaghan is a rare specimen. He took charge of the entire fiasco and seemed to maintain that even after N.O.W.H.E.R.E. rolled in. This is utterly in spite of seemingly having no training for things such as this and no real reason to be so confident in the face of people like Raven or even Wonder Woman, Superman…etc. On top of this, he seems utterly unaffected by the efforts of N.O.W.H.E.R.E. to bamboozle the citizens of Fawcett City. He played along, but only because he caught on to what was happening and is now secretly investigating the entire thing himself. If approached by Freddy (or anyone, that also seemed not to get their memories wiped out), he’d confide in them that nothing about any of this makes sense. He’ll also happily share his own investigative findings. Which isn’t a lot, but does contain the contents of the lock boxes that got disturbed. Most of which is stocks, bonds, store jewelry. Freddy has the Wisdom of Solomon, so if he plays his cards right the chief will let him see the contents. At which point a certain broach will draw an immediate ‘Bingo’ out of Solomon.

The Wizard himself is surprisingly, maybe even shockingly, non-communicative at this time. ( There’s more than one reason for this. )

Marc
    Participant

Freddy would most definitely doing his best to preserve his secret identity. He will make note of the storm activities including the fact that per the timeline it appears the storm began to manifest and draw closer when the first explosion occurred. Helps with his hypothesis.

As for Callaghan Freddy would be curious about the chief’s behavior given the fact that he’s surrounded and engaging not one metahuman but three from government agency. That along with the way emergency services and the general populace behave when their near him would make Freddy wonder if there is something going on. That and Callaghan’s resistant to the story that everyone’s buying from the government. He would definitely play his cards right to get in the Chief’s good graces and lean on Solomon to glean anything about Chief he can and the broach if he gets a look at the contents.

Nothing’s as it seems in Fawcett lately why not the Chief?

Also I may have missed it, but how is N.O.W.H.E.R.E identifying itself just as a government agency that deals in metahuman affairs or do they officially go by N.O.W.H.E.R.E?

Michele
    Keymaster

Cassie would definitely be framing everything when questioned in terms of ‘I’ and ‘Me.’ So if Raven’s not actually digging, I think Cassie would reasonably be able to pull off covering up for Freddy, since nothing she’d say would actually be a lie. I went into the building. I went into the basement. I got the HELL out when the lightning zappy started.

And if she had actually come there looking for trouble OBVIOUSLY she would have brought Conner along.

Doug
    Keymaster

@Marc; Great question at the end. I realize that I covered that in RP, but didn’t mention it here. N.O.W.H.E.R.E. actually identifies itself as a branch of the “Department of Extranormal Operations.” They have all the proper credentials..etc. This is significant, because if someone were to research this (such as Tim Drake has done), they would find that the D.E.O. is operated and reports to the Metahuman Affairs Senate Committee. The committee chairman is Amanda Waller, who reports directly to President Luthor. However, as Tim uncovered, the credentials people such as Raven, M’gann (or even Conner) actually have? Do not drill back to actual personnel files.

As for the Police Chief? He’s extremely willing to cooperate with Freddy, because Freddy is seemingly one of the only people in the whole City that didn’t get mind wiped. This is of course curious to the Chief and so he’ll let Freddy get close, because as Freddy is trying to learn so is Callaghan. We don’t need to devote an entire scene to this but Freddy coming in to contact with the Broach would actually trigger a sort of Mini-Event. Essentially the moment he touches the Broach, Solomon is going to bless Freddy with some insights. He’s going to see similar events to what Cassie saw in her meeting with Tim Drake. -Except- that it’s going to be the living, breathing, experience. Instead of just seeing it as a movie in the third person. Essentially, Solomon is going to let Freddy live and breathe the events of Teth-Adamh’s transformation in to Khem-Adamh (Black Adam). He’ll teach Freddy about the connection between Adam, Isis and Osiris. Lastly, Freddy will come away from this vision with the certain knowledge of that Broach being a container for some small portion of Osiris’ soul.

Solomon isn’t going to be really “give” Freddy a lot about Callaghan other than to confirm Freddy’s suspicion that the Police Chief is acting well above his means. As Freddy gets closer to the Chief, there will be little hints and clues that will surely confirm that he’s dealing with an Avatar of the power he’s seeking. But the Police Chief is either playing his role really well or genuinely has no clue. Leaving Freddy to wonder, what he’ll need to do to complete this portion of the Trial.

Doug
    Keymaster

@Michele; Cassie won’t face any real poking or prodding then. It’s not that she gets a ‘Free Pass,’ but since it genuinely appears that she is doing what an Agent would actually do? They have no reason to doubt the setup that Conner and she have in play. And since she’s actually not hanging around either once they verify that she’s not hanging around then neither will they.

Marc
    Participant

I think this might be my last question before I want to move forward unless I think of anything else. How long do you think it’s been since the Wizard and Freddy have spoken? Also is the Wizard’s sanctum reachable not so much the Rock of Eternity if it’s in play, but is there somewhere he and Freddy might meet and if so would Freddy find anything if he went there or is it more of the wizard appears when he wants?

Or a blend of both?

Doug
    Keymaster

Hey Marc!

Most of this is easy to answer. You asked one question that’s going to require me to ask a counter question first.

1. How long since Freddy and the Wizard have spoken.
    — The Wizard would have gone silent just after Freddy passed his second trial. There is a reason for this silence, but Freddy doesn’t yet know the why.

2. Is the Wizard’s sanctum reachable?
    — I’m working on the assumption that you mean the sanctum he he had in the pre-“New 52” stuff. In which case the answer yes. The Wizard’s Sanctum is located in Greece, but there are doorways to it all over the world. Freddy has the Wisdom of Solomon, so it wouldn’t be difficult for him to find the nearest one. It’s in the basement broiler room of Billy Batson’s old school.
    – The Wizard’s sanctum is ransacked. There are signs of a struggle, that he’d recognize with Solomon’s help easily. Lots and lots of Magical damage. Scorching. There are also very clear indicators that the mystical warding and barriers were broken. Meaning that whatever attacked Shazam, actually broken -through- his defenses.
    – I would note, however, that there is actually no evidence of the Wizard himself being part of the fight. If he was there when all the damage happened, he either didn’t participate in the fight or was somehow prevented from fighting.

3. You also asked about the means of contact. Whether it was direct contact or a meeting place?
    — Prior to the start of the Trials, Freddy was likely brought or lead to one of the entrances to the Sanctum. He would have also been taken at some point to the Rock of Eternity, to see if the Gods would give him the blessing to begin the Trials.
    — After the Trials started the Wizard would have left Freddy alone to pass the trials without assistance. However he would have appeared to guide Freddy to where ever he needed to -be- to take each subsequent trial.

—–

The last bit is also where I have my question. Is Freddy going to actively -try- to go to the Wizard’s Sanctum? This would actually trigger a scene we’ll need to do.

Marc
    Participant

Freddy most definitely is going to go to the Wizard’s Sanctum. He believes he’s recognized the larger ramifications of what’s happening which leans several ways but none of it good. Reliving Adam’s rise and fall has given him several insights.

Marc
    Participant

I’ve also debated this. This is a choice Freddy is making without council from Solomon directly meaning he isn’t leaning on him. He’s going with his gut here. The fact that Chief Callaghan shared what he knew with him and what Freddy learns he will tell him that he is going to do whatever he can to keep the city safe. Furthermore that there is danger of a different kind and that Chief Callaghan needs to trust him when tells him that just as there are dark forces in the world that there are forces that battle that darkness and that he needs the Chief to continue to be the same pillar of strength that he was outside of the bank. The city needs someone to help bring order to potential chaos. He has the presence and courage to do so.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.